Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp TAGSINMOlimerickovercrowding Emergency Departmenttrolleysuniversity hospital limerick Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Advertisement NewsLimerick hospital’s second year at top of overcrowding tableBy Bernie English – December 7, 2017 1380 Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Facebook Email Print Picture: Alan PlaceUNIVERSITY Hospital Limerick (UHL) has recored the highest number of patients on trolleys in the country for the second year running.According to the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation, there were 8,116 patients waiting for a bed up to the end of November which was an 11 per cent increase on the 7,504 patients recorded in November 2016.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The overall numbers decreased countrywide by seven per cent over the same period.Taking the month of November alone, UHL also had the highest figures nationally, with 878 patients recorded on trolleys. Numbers hit a new high last week when there were 69 patients waiting for a bed on one day.Limerick Sinn Féin TD Maurice Quinlivan said the overcrowding crisis “shows no signs being fixed. “I fear that the action needed will only happen after a tragedy occurs due to the overcrowding levels and by that stage it will be too late. I am constantly raising the issues facing University Hospital Limerick in the Dáil, but the government is not listening,” he said. Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Twitter WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Previous articleLimerick prioritised for €55m flood defence projectNext articleLimerick journalism students give a voice to the city Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news.
Pinterest Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Previous articleLetterkenny councillor says gardai must tackle antisocial behaviourNext articleAudio Update – Garda Inspector renews appeal for fatal crash information admin Minister McConalogue says he is working to improve fishing quota Pinterest WhatsApp News Google+ Twitter The Education Minister is being asked to give an urgent update on the on the three school campus at Buncrana.The long awaited development would incorporate Crana College, Gaelcholáiste Chineál Eoghain and Gaelscoil Bhun Cranncha on one site.In July, it was announced that a site had been selected for the project however, this week it has been revealed that such a site has not been secured.Donegal Senator Padraig Mac Lochlainn has written to Minister Bruton requesting a response as to where the project stands.He says it must be brought a swift conclusion…………Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/padcrana.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Minister urged to give update on Buncrana Education Campus site Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Google+ WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By admin – September 22, 2016 Facebook 70% of Cllrs nationwide threatened, harassed and intimidated over past 3 years – Report Facebook Twitter Need for issues with Mica redress scheme to be addressed raised in Seanad also
View post tag: Naval UK: Rolls-Royce, MoD Sign USD 1 Billion Contract Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, has signed a contract worth in excess of £1billion with the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to deliver reactor cores for the UK’s nuclear-powered submarine fleet.This contract includes regeneration of the current Rolls-Royce submarine reactor core manufacturing facility in Derby. The Group will introduce the latest technology and manufacturing techniques to deliver increased efficiencies committed by the MoD and industry as part of the Strategic Defence and Security Review.Jason Smith, Rolls-Royce President Submarines and Chief Operating Officer – Nuclear said: “This is excellent news that demonstrates the high level of trust the MoD has in both our technology and the expertise of our highly skilled workforce. This new facility will deploy advanced manufacturing techniques to enhance our world leading nuclear manufacturing capability.”Under this contract Rolls-Royce will continue to maintain and operate its existing reactor core manufacturing facility in Derby, UK. In parallel the Group will complete a phased rebuild to provide a leading-edge manufacturing facility with the highest standards of safety to support future MoD programme needs.Rolls-Royce is the UK’s lead company, on behalf of the MoD, in nuclear submarine reactor systems and support services; incorporating design, manufacture, procurement and operation.[mappress]Naval Today Staff , June 18, 2012; Image: Rolls-Royce View post tag: contract Industry news View post tag: News by topic View post tag: billion June 18, 2012 View post tag: MoD Back to overview,Home naval-today UK: Rolls-Royce, MoD Sign USD 1 Billion Contract View post tag: sign View post tag: Navy View post tag: Rolls-Royce View post tag: 1 View post tag: USD Share this article
ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr by: Tom SakashCan credit union-wide volunteer programs cut down on employee turnover? Apparently, yes. Just ask the credit unions that have implemented them.First Tech FCU, based out of Mountain View, Calif., makes volunteering easy for its employees.CU Effect LogoNot only does the credit union incentivize community involvement by carving out paid time for employees to volunteer, but by hosting company-wide volunteer resource fairs and by regularly sending out information on upcoming opportunities, it removes a number of barriers to participation.The result? Last year, First Tech employees logged more than 18,000 hours of community service, up from roughly 2,400 hours in 2011 when the credit union first started tracking the number.But it’s not only the community that benefits. continue reading »
continue reading » The NAFCU Board today will meet with Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Acting Director Mick Mulvaney to discuss various regulatory issues affecting the credit union industry and the bureau’s 2019 priorities.NAFCU President and CEO Dan Berger, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs Carrie Hunt and Regulatory Affairs Counsel Kaley Schafer will join today’s meeting.The bureau’s rulemaking agenda indicates several rulemakings next year covering payday lending, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), debt collection and the TILA/RESPA integrated disclosure (TRID) rule. NAFCU also recently met with the bureau to discuss qualified mortgages – a rule Mulvaney has indicated the bureau would review to reduce regulatory burden – and has previously outlined credit union issues the bureau should address. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
When I encounter resistance during a strategic planning session with a credit union, I know it’s time to pause, regroup, and gain perspective. Resistance rarely happens because the board and leadership team don’t care; it’s surfaces because fear is making them freeze. In most of these sessions, we introduce ideas that are so different from anything the credit union has done before that the leaders have a hard time imagining how they will even attempt something so audacious.Fear-based paralysis is real, and it’s the reason most strategic plans fail. When we give into the fear of the unknown, we fail to move beyond our comfort zone because we don’t have a reference point for what we’re trying to accomplish. As funny as it sounds, we refuse to try something new simply because we’ve never done it before. News flash: In strategic planning sessions, we don’t have a plan yet because we’re locked in a room trying to create a plan.Unfortunately, fear causes us to miss what strategic planning is all about. Instead of crafting a purposeful plan for accomplishing bold new objectives, our sessions stop cold as soon as a new idea is presented. We get hung up on tactics and processes and never actually get around to developing a strategy that should drive the entire planning process. ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr continue reading »
The Vukovar-Srijem County Tourist Board, the Croatian Chamber of Commerce – Vukovar County Chamber and the LUX Promotion Agency are jointly organizing the 8th Continental Croatia Tourist Forum, which will be held on October 3 and 4 at the Pastoral Center in Vukovar.This year’s theme of the Tourist Forum is “Cultural tourism and perspectives for the development of religious tourism in Croatia.” The aim of the Tourist Forum is to present the real possibilities of the development of religious tourism in Croatia as well as to open an expert discussion on the topic of whether religious tourism is part of cultural tourism or a separate selective form of tourism.The presentations will be given on the first day by numerous lecturers (preliminary program can be found in the accompanying documents), and a panel discussion on the topic will be held on the second day Cultural tourism vs. religious. The organizers will certainly take the opportunity to present to all participants in the program the key religious and cultural tourist attractions of the easternmost Croatian county, holders of the label EDEN destination in cultural tourism.Look for the application form and the Forum program HERE
Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 2 Sep 2020 9:34 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link4.7kShares Advertisement Emiliano Martinez has attracted attention across Europe (Picture: Getty Images)Villarreal manager Unai Emery is hoping to raid former club Arsenal for goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, who is undecided over his future at the Emirates.The 28-year-old has been at Arsenal since 2010 but has largely been an understudy or out on loan, playing for six other clubs on short-term deals.However, he was given the chance to play regularly after the coronavirus hiatus, due to an injury to first choice Bernd Leno, and he grabbed it with both hands.The Argentine was in excellent form as Arsenal hit their stride towards the end of the campaign, winning the FA Cup and he remained in goal to win the Community Shield last week, despite Leno being back fit.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTGunners boss Mikel Arteta now has a big decision to make between keeping faith in Martinez or handing Leno the gloves. It has now reached a situation that neither would be happy to accept the role of understudy to the other, so one is likely to leave before the end of the transfer window.If Leno returns to the starting XI then Emery is keen to take Martinez to Villarreal, reports the Telegraph, where he works with goalkeeping coach Javi Garcia, who was also with Emery and Martinez at Arsenal.Schalke have also been credited with an interest in Martinez, as have Aston Villa so he is not short of options if he decides to bring his long spell in north London to an end.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityAfter his lengthy service to the club, the Telegraph reports that Arsenal may be willing to accept as little as £7m for the goalkeeper, despite still having two years left on his contract.This would only be if Martinez makes it clear he wants to leave, though, as Arsenal would rather keep hold of the impressive stopper and are keen for him to sign a new deal.Arteta wants to keep hold of both ‘keepers and see them compete for the number one spot.‘I’m delighted to have both of them,’ the Spaniard said before the Community Shield. ‘But they both know that on the first day of pre-season, you start again and fight for your place and show us who is the one that deserves the chance to start. Advertisement Emiliano Martinez wanted by former Arsenal manager Unai Emery at Villarreal Bernd Leno suffered a serious knee injury in June (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)‘I don’t want to keep them both happy, I want the one that is not playing to be upset. ‘But upset and then challenge the next player to make him better, or if not, earn his place to do that. It’s not easy to do that. ‘I personally don’t see any different with goalkeepers to full-backs. They know that, I’ve been really clear with them and hopefully they can make each other better and hopefully the team better.’MORE: Paris Saint-Germain submit £30m offer for Arsenal star Hector BellerinMORE: Mesut Ozil sends class message to Arsene Wenger after huge offer to leave ArsenalFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.
The 27-year-old scored 21 goals as the Hornets finished second to Bournemouth last season and secure a return to the top flight after an eight-year absence. Deeney, who has been a target for a number of clubs in recent seasons, will now look to prove he can cut it in the Premier League and will go into the first game of the campaign against Everton buoyed by his new contract. Watford striker Troy Deeney has signed a new five-year deal with the Barclays Premier League newcomers. Watford wrote on their official Twitter account: ” @T_Deeney has signed a new 5-year contract with us. 5 years with us 2010-2015 – and now 5 more! Troy Deeney: #watfordfc’s No. 9.” His tally last season means former Walsall hitman Deeney has struck at least 20 goals in each of the previous three campaigns. Signed from The Saddlers in 2010, Deeney amassed 81 goals in 220 Championship appearances and will no doubt be pivotal if Watford are to survive in the Premier League under the stewardship of new boss Quique Sanchez Flores. The Pozzo family who own the club are likely to bankroll a number of arrivals before the season begins with the likes of Tottenham midfield duo Etienne Capoue and Benjamin Stambouli both heavily linked to the club. Roma full-back Jose Holebas has already joined and it is reported that Allan Nyom of Udinese, another club owned by the Pozzo family, is also closing in on a move to Watford. Press Association
A South Florida detention deputy is facing grand theft charges.The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrested 36-year-old Jasmyn Parke Acevedo last Saturday.She is a detention deputy with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. Parke is accused of taking paychecks from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and the PBSO at the same time.Investigators say Acevedo, who made more than $53,000 as a detention deputy, went on sick leave from MCSO in January, but ended up taking a job with PBSO a few weeks later.The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says she collected $1,950 from PBSO while on sick leave from her detention job in Monroe County.The sheriff’s office argues that she did not notify MCSO that she was looking for a job with another agency.Additionally, MCSO says Acevedo then filed for worker’s compensation from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, claiming she was too sick to work.Monroe County Sheriff Rick Ramsey placed Acevedo on unpaid administrative leave pending the internal affairs and criminal investigations.He subsequently notified Acevedo that he plans to terminate her employment.She will return to Monroe County to face charges.