Anies vowed to closely monitor the positivity rate during the final days of the city’s large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) period, which ends on Aug. 27.It is the second time Anies has warned the public to exercise extra caution since Jakarta began relaxing restrictions on June 4.He first issued a warning on July 12, hinting at a reinstatement of stricter PSBB measures after the city recorded its highest number of daily cases.The COVID-19 positivity rate – the percentage of those tested who are found to be infected – in the city over the past three weeks is 8.9 percent, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said, above the 5 percent threshold set by the World Health Organization (WHO) for relaxing restrictions. Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan is once again considering pulling the emergency brake to stop the gradual reopening of the economy as cases of COVID-19 continue to soar in the capital city.The city recorded 565 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 31,162 with 9,047 active cases and 1,046 deaths. On Tuesday, Jakarta recorded 505 new COVID-19 cases. It has now reclaimed the status as the country’s epicenter of virus transmission, passing East Java, which had recorded 28,551 cases as of Tuesday.“I advise all residents to continue to wear a mask at all times. If you have any ailments, please report it to us and we will conduct a medical test,” Anies said on Monday. “About the emergency brake and so forth, we will monitor [the situation] for a few days ahead.” Deputy Governor Ahmad Riza Patria said restrictions could be reimposed if cases continued to soar and the city’s positivity rate reached above 10 percent, among other indicators.”There are a lot of indicators. For example, if the [positivity] rate is substandard, an emergency brake policy may be enacted […] A positivity rate above 5 percent is alarming, while above 10 percent is considered dangerous,” he said on Monday.But Riza said transmission was still manageable, pointing to the 1.09 reproduction number, a measure of many new infections each case generates. Jakarta’s reproduction number has remained stable at between 0.9 and 1.13 since the beginning of the outbreak.Read also: Indonesia’s R0, explainedRiza also said the city’s health facilities remained adequate to accommodate new patients, although occupancy rates were recorded at 65 percent for isolation beds and 67 percent for intensive care beds last Thursday.The city health agency previously said the figure indicated a “very critical condition”, as more than half of the bed capacity was used on a daily basis.Experts see Jakarta as being caught between a rock and a hard place: removing restrictions may restart the economy, but will also put public health at stake.The city experienced its worst economic growth in the past decade during the second quarter of this year, down 8.22 percent from the same period last year, the latest report from the Jakarta Statistics Agency show. As businesses have suffered, so have people’s incomes, with Jakarta’s household expenditure recording negative 5.23 percent year-on-year growth that could see it “longer be an economic driver in Jakarta”, the report stated.Anies previously said that to keep the economy running, the city must first and foremost curb the outbreak to help consumer spending recover.“[Curbing the spread of COVID-19] is key to restarting the economy. Unless we strive to contain the outbreak seriously, efforts to get the economy up and running will always face obstacles,” Anies said in a virtual meeting with media leaders last week.Anies also said the pandemic could drag on in the capital if COVID-19 testing disparities between Jakarta and its surrounding cities persisted, describing the transmission as a ping pong ball that could bounce all over the place if people did not protect themselves.Read also: Testing disparity looms over Greater Jakarta’s efforts to break chain of transmissionIndonesian Public Health Expert Association (IAKMI) chairman Ede Surya Darmawan said public health was a responsibility shared by neighboring local administrations, as well as the central government. He expected greater intervention to come from the central government if local administrations failed to control transmission.Should Jakarta decide to return to the strict PSBB measures, the city and the central government must first resolve the problems that have hindered the distribution of social aid, such as poor targeting.“If [Jakarta] decides to pull the brake now, I fear the [authorities] will be unprepared. They need to prepare while continuing to improve testing and tracing,” Ede said.Some 2.4 million Jakarta households financially impacted by the pandemic and have now registered as social aid recipients. The number of recipient households accounts for more than half the total number of households in the city.University of Indonesia epidemiologist Tri Yunis Miko urged the city to reimpose stricter restrictions in Jakarta’s COVID-19 red zones and high risk areas.On Sunday, three out of Jakarta’s five municipalities were classified as red zones.“Too many people have underestimated [the disease] and ignored their safety. But the responsibility to enforce health protocols and improve discipline among people lies in the hands of the city administration,” Tri said. Topics :
Recently Andy Dalton signed a 6-year $96 million contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. With incentives this contract could add up to $115 million over the 6-year period. This now puts Dalton with the elite quarterbacks’ salary scale.There has been a lot of debate on whether he is worth what the Bengals have offered him. Dalton has won 30 regular season games but is yet to win a post-season game. The Bengals feel he is the right person to lead this team in the future.I think the reason they were willing to pay him this kind of money is that to start over with someone else would be very risky. They know Andy can win games. The very conservative Mike Brown would not have parted with this kind of money if he didn’t feel very confident that Dalton will get the job done.
Submit StumbleUpon Related Articles Tote Ten to Follow returns as UK racing resumes June 1, 2020 Share The Tote will make a return to Chester Racecourse in 2020, after the UK Tote Group and Chester Race Company agreed a four-year partnership.The return of the pool betting operator will supplement the existing on-course betting provision from Chester Bet and will see the Tote assume the sponsorship of the Chester Cup as part of an exclusive Boodles May Festival betting partnership.Alex Frost, Chief Executive of UK Tote Group, said: “We are delighted to be working with Chester Race Company to ensure pool betting is once again available to the quarter of a million people who visit Chester and Bangor-on-Dee racecourses every year.“I would like to thank Richard and his team for the forward-thinking and dynamic way that they have approached our new partnership. We look forward to once again seeing the Tote sponsoring the historic Chester Cup and further developing the ways in which the Tote can support and promote racing at Chester and Bangor-on-Dee Racecourses.”The partnership will see the Tote continue to deliver the existing range of Win, Place, Forecast & Tricast bets via Chester Bet, alongside a new range of bets including the Placepot, Quadpot and Scoop 6, facilitated by the Tote.Richard Thomas, Chief Executive of Chester Race Company, added: “We are excited to have agreed this innovative partnership with the UK Tote Group. Our priority is to provide racegoers the very best experience when visiting our racecourses and the return of the Tote on-course ensures our customers will benefit from an efficient and varied betting experience, delivered via a newly enhanced service.”The Tote will return to sponsoring the Chester Cup in 2020, which is the feature race of the final day of the Boodles May Festival and will have a prize fund of £154,000.The Tote will also sponsor further races at the Boodles May Festival, including a race on the opening day; City Day, the feature Ormonde Stakes on Ladies Day and the Chester Plate, alongside the Chester Cup, on the final day of the Festival, Chester Cup Day.In addition, the Tote have committed to supporting supplementary races throughout the season on the following days: Saturday 23rd May – Roman Day; Saturday 25th July – Midsummer Meeting; Saturday 12th September – Autumn Festival and Saturday 26th September – Season Finale.The Tote is also returning to Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse and from February will become the exclusive pool betting solution, replacing Bangor Bet, whilst the Bangor Sport Betting Shop will remain in situ. The Tote will also sponsor races across five days throughout 2020 at Bangor-on-Dee Racecourse, commencing on Friday 7th February at the Heritage Day meeting. Share John Williamson to oversee UK Tote Group’s international growth August 28, 2020 Tote adds Superpools for all Royal Ascot races June 15, 2020
Neal Ardley has left his position as AFC Wimbledon manager by mutual consent, the League One club have confirmed.Ardley’s six-year spell as boss ends three days after Dons defeated non-league Haringey Borough courtesy of Mitchell Pinnock’s deflected injury time strike. Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card BEST OF REVEALED shining Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury CLUB STATEMENT | First team manager Neal Ardley is leaving the club by mutual agreement. We thank him for the massive role he has played for us over the last six years. Read the full statement here >>https://t.co/IAUFTgveXQ #AFCW pic.twitter.com/3qOv57EYiw— AFC Wimbledon (@AFCWimbledon) November 12, 2018The Kingsmeadow club currently sit 23rd in League One, having claimed just three wins from 17 attempts this season.A club statement read: “First team manager Neal Ardley is leaving the club by mutual agreement, with immediate effect. His assistant manager, Neil Cox, is leaving the Club at the same time.“First team coach Simon Bassey is taking over as interim manager while the search for a permanent successor to Neal gets underway.”Neal, who represent Wimbledon as a player before moving on to Watford, Cardiff and Millwall, has been in charge of the Dons since October 2012, first keeping them in the Football League then guiding them to a promotion to League One via the play-offs. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars no dice Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Latest Football News REVEALED RANKED Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? MONEY REPLY huge blow Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade ADVICE Erik Samuelson, the club’s chief executive, said “Neal has been a credit to the club in everything he has done. He is a clear thinker, a superb man-manager and a fine coach. I’ve enjoyed working with him and am absolutely certain that he will achieve even greater success in his next roles. So, he leaves with my personal thanks and gratitude for what he has done in his time here at AFC Wimbledon.“I also want to register the club’s and my personal thanks to Neil Cox who has provided massive support to Neal throughout his time here and has been a great ambassador for the club. We wish him well in his future career.”