Arsenal offer to triple Atletico Madrid star Thomas Partey’s wages

first_img Comment Advertisement Partey and Atletico were back in action on Sunday (Picture: Getty)However, it is unclear how much funds Arteta will have available to him in the next transfer window.Arsenal have slashed the wages of their first-team and have reportedly told Arteta to focus on signing free agents and engineering swap deals.Partey would be an expensive addition to Arsenal’s squad, but it will be up to the player if he wants to push for a switch to the Emirates.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityAtletico have Partey under contract until 2023 and Diego Simeone wants to keep hold of the midfielder.Amid the transfer speculation, Partey’s international team-mate Joseph Larweh Attama wouldn’t be surprised if he signed for Arsenal.‘I will be happy if he goes to Arsenal,’ the Ghana defender told Citi TV. ‘He has done everything at Atletico and is recognised as one of his best players.  ‘He also has to go to a different league to prove himself.  ‘He needs people to know that he is capable of succeeding in other places and not only in Spain.’MORE: David Luiz and Sokratis Papastathopoulos have greatly improved under Mikel Arteta at Arsenal, says Bacary SagnaMORE: Cesc Fabregas insists Mikel Arteta has ‘much harder job’ at Arsenal than Chelsea’s Frank LampardFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Arsenal offer to triple Atletico Madrid star Thomas Partey’s wages Coral BarryMonday 15 Jun 2020 11:48 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link164Shares Partey could leave Atletico this summer (Picture: Getty)Arsenal have offered to triple Thomas Partey’s wages as the Gunners continue to push to sign the Atletico Madrid midfielder, reports say.Partey is in talks to extend his contract with Atletico, but the club is facing financial issues due to the Covid-19 pandemic.Arsenal have long been linked with the Ghanian, who has a £44.5million release clause in his current contract.Goal claim Partey is weighing up his options after receiving a huge contract offer from Mikel Arteta’s side.ADVERTISEMENTArsenal are prepared to triple the wages Partey currently pockets at Atletico if he agrees to join the London side.AdvertisementAdvertisementAtletico have so far rebuffed Arsenal’s advances, but reports in Spain claim the La Liga side are now open to cashing in on Partey.The 27-year-old is considered one of the finest defensive midfielders in La Liga and is aware Arsenal have a long-standing interest in him. Advertisementlast_img read more

MNG GOLD DONATES OFFICE SUPPLIES TO BONG COUNTY ADMINISTRATION

first_imgThe Turkish mineral mining company, the MNG Gold Liberia Inc., over the weekend presented a collection of office materials to the Bong County Administration in Botota and Dean Town in Kokoyah Statutory District, respectively.MNG Gold is owned and operated by a Turkish businessman, Mehmet Nazif Gural, who is engaged in mining activities around the world through which he seeks to create job opportunities in developing countries like Liberia.  MNG Gold took over from the American-Liberia Mining Company (AMLIB) in 2013 after the company pulled out from the gold rich deposit following more than ten years of exploration. This reporter has not established the exact cause of the exit of the AMLIB from Dean Town, the gold rich deposit area.Two office desks, a printer and a computer were offered to the Kokoyah Statutory Superintendent Nixon Kpee, while the office of the County Superintendent Selena Polson Mappy received three new computers, a printer along with an assortment of office supplies.At the Botota presentation on behalf of MNG Gold, the Project Manager of the Kokoyah Mines Mr. Ozkan Umurhan said the donation was the company’s own way of identifying with the local office of the county.Speaking on behalf of the District, Kokoyah Statutory Superintendent Nixon Kpee extolled MNG Gold for the donations given when his office lacked equipment.Mr. Kpee disclosed that since the District was legislated and enacted into law by the 51st Legislature during the administration of former President Charles Taylor, this was the first time the district had ever received modern equipment.“Throughout, we have operated on manual typewriter to do all of our documentations in this contemporary age” Mr. Kpee admitted.He said with the provision of the computer, he is confident most of their documents will be saved.Mr. Kpee confirmed that since MNG Gold took over from AMLIB in2013, the company has provided job opportunities for the local residents.For her part, Bong County Superintendent Selena Polson Mappy thanked the MNG Gold for the supplies and said the materials were provided at the time the local administration was out of office supplies particularly during this period of the country’s health crisis.She recounted the numerous contributions MNG Gold has made to the county in health and infrastructure developments in recent times.Superintendent Mappy named the rehabilitation of roads, bridges and the employment of scores of young people of Kokoyah Statutory including the provision of cash and materials to the County Ebola Taskforce by MNG Gold as some vital contributions of the company.The Superintendent described MNG Gold as a true partner that has come in the county to transform the lives of the impoverished inhabitants through job creation as enshrined in the Mineral Development Agreement.The event which took place in Dean Town (Gold Camp) in Kokoyah Statutory District over the weekend was attended by an array of local government officials including traditional chiefs.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Bahrain footballer to remain in detention: Thai court

first_img0Shares0000Hakeem Alaraibi has been held in detention in Thailand as Australia and Bahrain tussle over his fate © AFP / Lillian SUWANRUMPHABangkok, Thailand, Dec 11 – A former Bahrain national footballer with Australian refugee status must remain in detention in Thailand as he awaits possible extradition, a Bangkok court said Tuesday, as campaigners say they fear he could be “tortured” if returned to the Gulf state.Hakeem Alaraibi says he was arrested and beaten at the start of the Arab Spring protests in Bahrain in 2012, and was granted refugee status in Australia five years later. The 25-year-old, who now plays for semi-professional club Pascoe Vale FC in Melbourne, was stopped by Thai immigration on November 27 after arriving in Bangkok for a vacation with his wife and detained upon request from the Bahraini government, as Australia and Bahrain tussle over his fate.His lawyer Nadthasiri Bergman told AFP Tuesday the court has extended his time behind bars in Bangkok for 60 days.The attorney-general’s office would then file an application for his extradition, she said.“I think he has a good chance not to be extradited because we have evidence” that he will face abuses back in Bahrain, Bergman said.The court denied a bail request after the detention order. Speaking to reporters as he was led into court in the morning by immigration police, Alaraibi begged for the proceedings to be halted.“Immigration Thailand and Immigration Bahrain work together to send me back to Bahrain. But Australia stopped them. Please stop them,” Alaraibi said.“I don’t want to go back to Bahrain — I want to go back to Australia. I didn’t do anything in Bahrain. I’m a refugee in Australia.” Alaraibi left the court looking dejected by the day’s proceedings and his lawyer said he was “terrified”.Officials from the Australian embassy were present at the court as well for the hearing. The office of Thailand’s attorney-general on Friday submitted a request to the criminal court for an arrest warrant — a step forward in a process that could see Alaraibi extradited to Bahrain to face trial.He was convicted in absentia on charges of vandalising a police station in the Gulf state, but says he was out of the country playing in a match at the time of the alleged offence. Asia-Pacific Refugee Rights Network (APRRN) slammed Thai authorities for moving forward on their “callous plans” to extradite Alaraibi.“This is someone who fled his home country after being tortured, and there is every risk he will face the same treatment again if he is forced back,” said APRRN’s Evan Jones. Australia’s Foreign Minister Marise Payne called for his “immediate return” and said that returning Alaraibi to Bahrain would be “in contravention of international human rights (standards) given his status”.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more