Cristiano’s economic momentum fades at Juve

first_imgJuventus’ strength in the stock market has been closely associated with Cristiano’s moments, explains the newspaper. Thus, after the Katryn Mayorga case, the first braking of the titles came, but the Portuguese’s goals made their way, especially in the Champions League, and they increased their value until reaching their maximum in April since their arrival. However, less than a year after that moment, that effect has faded and that the star continues to fulfill on the field. Thus, the titles of Juventus on the Stock Exchange have dropped 47% in the last three months, close to 50% in the last year and that before the national crisis in which Italy is now immersed by the coronavirus pandemic. Juventus’ valuation on the stock market is, according to the Corriere dello Sport, at about 950 million for the close to 1.5 billion at the beginning of 2019. Now Series A lives in a state of uncertainty. As in Spain, it is waiting to be able to restart the championship, when there are sanitary guarantees. Cristiano keeps pulling the car at Juve. Before the competition stopped, the Portuguese striker had 25 goals in 32 games this season in more than evident proof that despite his 35 years he is still in top form. His transfer to Juventus was a strategic decision that gave the Italian giant a boost at various levels. The shares juventinas In the Stock Market they showed a notable increase back in July 2018. In October, after the first goals of the Portuguese, exponential growth was maintained, but everything has changed according to a study by the Corriere dello Sport.last_img read more

The Federation defends the decision to prematurely end the league

first_img“Since participation in UEFA club competitions is determined by the sporting result achieved at the end of a full national competition, ua premature termination would cast doubt on the fulfillment of said condition “, related a letter signed by UEFA and the European Club Association (CEA).Nevertheless, the Belgian football association (KBVB) has explained the reasons for making the decision of definitive cessation of the league this season: for public health and economic reasons.Too told UEFA that they did not agree with the approach that forces the leagues to continue their season during the current general health crisis, with the threat of being excluded from next season’s European competitions.“Both the KBVB and the Jupiler Pro League are strong supporters of European football solidarity. ANDIt is precisely from this solidarity that our representatives advocated a policy that would allow us to face this situation while respecting the specific context of each league, “he said in a statement. He also added that the parties planned to speak again next week.Most professional clubs in Belgium had advocated cancellation of the season due to increasing economic costs, without receiving income in exchange. Belgian football defended this Friday their decision to end the season in a call with UEFA, after the governing body It threatened countries that do not attempt to complete their leagues with a ban on international competitions.The Jupiler Pro League canceled the rest of the season on Thursday, which was discontinued last month due to the coronavirus pandemic. Bruges was declared champion, while a five-person working group was created to decide the theme of relegation, promotion and places in European competitions next season.But the Jupiler Pro League was warned almost immediately when UEFA told its member associations that it was of “paramount importance” that competitions, including national leagues, were decided on the field and that definitely stopping “really should be the last resort.” It seemed to suggest that, where the competitions were not ended, the clubs involved could not be included in European competitions next season.last_img read more

United would offer Saúl a salary of € 230,000 per week

first_imgThe Sun also reported that on February 18 sent scouts to the Metropolitan Wanda to see the rojiblanco footballer. Game in which Saúl took another of those goals out of his boot forever, in the big events: if Atlético was already four minutes into the game ahead of the current champion of the Champions League, Liverpool of Klopp, it was for him. Scouts from Manchester pointed it out clearly in their notebooks. United’s interest in Saúl is a repeat offender. “I think he is an important footballer. Very complete, calm, with a great left foot, a charming game driver, He scores goals and is very well formed tactically“He was bragged by Ferdinand, a club legend, a few weeks ago.”Saul is huge and he’s in the papers this week because Manchester United is interested in him, but we will have to wait to see… “, he also argued. Now what the newspapers publish is that, for his signing, he prepares an almost irrevocable salary. A dizzying offer. That is what Manchester United is preparing to offer Saúl., the footballer on whom Solskjaer intends to rebuild himself. The Sun revealed today that, since the club can only offer Atlético 80.5 million for the footballer (its clause amounts to 150 million as agreed in its renewal with the rojiblanco club in 2017, until 2026), offers the footballer a salary that would increase his salary by 97,000 euros a week, up to a figure of 230,000 a week. last_img read more

Sandro Rosell: “I want to know who is behind me”

first_imgIn the advance of the program, Rosell gives a brushstroke of his vision on the issue of the independence of Catalonia: “I would vote yes, but I would go home. If the end result is yes, I leave Catalonia; if the end result is no, I stay in Catalonia. Am I or am I not an independentist? This is what I think” . Presumably, he will develop his idea in the broadcast tomorrow. After breaking his silence on Sports World, Sandro Rosell will be the protagonist again tomorrow on the show Lo de Évole, from La Sexta. The former president of Barca, who resigned in 2014 after being admitted for processing by the judge of the National Court Pablo Ruz of the complaint against him for alleged misappropriation in the form of distraction in the signing of Neymar, insists on an advance of the program in the idea that he was the object of a persecution for which he spent 643 days in preventive prison to be later acquitted. “I want to know who is behind all this, I want to know. What is there, a prosecutor who gets up in the morning and says that he is going to investigate privately what I did eleven years ago in Brazil. It is difficult for me (to believe it), eh … “, explains the protagonist.last_img read more

Good win for Azan’s Edison

first_imgThe promising claiming apprentice Bebeto Harvey teamed up with 7-2 chance EDISON to win the highly competitive overnight allowance feature over 1300 metres from the fast-finishing SHINING LIGHT (9-2) at Caymanas Park yesterday.Harvey, who is a past student of Waterford High, had the Richard Azan-trained EDISON handily placed passing the half-mile as the 54-1 outsider BLACK THORN led the 13-horse field, ahead of the chasing RED FLAG (7-1). EDISON was soon sent in chase of BLACK THORN and went by on the outside entering the straight and held on grimly by a neck to thwart a late run from SHINING LIGHT under in-form Aaron Chatrie.Harvey, who was notching his 17th winner since graduating from the Jockeys’ School last September, said EDISON had a perfect trip.”He was well drawn on the outside of the field on a muddy track and was able to avoid traffic,” said the young rider.”When I improved into second three furlongs out, I knew he was ready to run, and in the end, held them at bay for the victory,” he added. A 7-y-o bay gelding by Outrigger-Perfect Ten, EDISON is owned by Elite Bloodstock Limited and bred by Dave Girod and Laurence Heffes.The 6-5 favourite COMMANDING CHIEF, seeking his first win since August 2014, could fare no better than fifth under leading jockey Dane Nelson, who said: “He was never that far off the pace, but took a lot of riding leaving the half-mile and really needed a longer trip and a more relaxed pace.”Trainer Anthony ‘Baba’ NuÒes saddled two winners on the afternoon in COME DANCE WITH ME and the lightly raced 3-y-o colt SOY EL SENOR, both obliging at 2-1.last_img read more

Ricketts returns to LA Galaxy in MLS

first_imgLOS ANGELES, California (CMC):Jamaican goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts will line up alongside England superstar Steven Gerrard at LA Galaxy after being snapped up in the 2016 Major League Soccer SuperDraft.The 38-year-old journeyman, who started his professional career in England, will join the star-studded west coast outfit after just a year at Orlando City where he was selected during the 2015 MLS Expansion Draft.Ricketts will be returning to Galaxy for his second spell, after representing them between 2009 and 2011, before going on to feature for several other MLS clubs.”Donovan is one of the most experienced and successful goalkeepers in MLS,” said head coach and general manager, Bruce Arena.”He is familiar with our team and has proven to be a player capable of winning championships. We are happy that he is once again a member of the LA Galaxy and look forward to his contributions to our club.”Ricketts spent much of his early pro career at Bradford City in England, before heading to the United States where he signed for Galaxy in 2009.He was MLS Goalkeeper of the Year in 2010 and earned the title again in 2013 when he played for Portland Timbers between 2012 and 2014. Ricketts also featured for Montreal Impact in 2012.He spent 13 years at international level, before retiring in 2013 after gaining exactly 100 caps.last_img read more

Chinese food … and here come the Americans

first_img We did have a little chat, with the sprinter seeming relaxed and ready to step on track. Should be an interesting few days ahead. The Americans arrived shortly afterwards and it’s certainly interesting that the previously blocked social media platforms Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and even Google only became available – like magic – as soon as they arrived. The Americans’ arrival to their hotel was also preceded by a full security sweep of the property with vehicular restrictions said to be put in place around the hotel. I must admit that I’m never too adventurous where food is concerned, and Chinese cuisine doesn’t exactly get me excited. And before you knit your brow, I’ve long discovered that the typical fare served in our neck o’ the woods as ‘Chinese’ food is anything but. Twice I’ve been to China and I have yet to see ‘mallah chicken’ or ‘sweet and sour chicken’ on any menu, for instance. What a rip-off! I arrived at breakfast on our first morning here this time around, having convinced myself that I needed to sample some of the local food on offer. I needed to immerse myself in the culture, experience the heralded Chinese gastronomy, eat like the emperors did. Well, my autogenic pep talk quickly lost its effect as my eyes caught the first item on the line. ‘Stir-fried cabbage with black fungus.’ That didn’t sound too appealing. Judging from the many forks that were sent teeth first into the bowl, it seems to be a favourite among locals. Still, I couldn’t muster the courage. Maybe I’ll give it a try in a few days. There was something quite off-putting about pizza-size egg pancakes as well. But there were some really good surprises like the Chinese dumplings (baozi) with their delightful fillings, as well as the ‘fried jiaozi’, which in this case was crescent shaped and filled with spicy sauce. I suppose you would guess that rice and noodles were never too far away, but perhaps to make the influx of Westerners feel right at home, there was some Sprite and cola to wash it all down – something we learnt is not always on the breakfast menu at our hotel. On another note, the bulk of the Jamaican athletes checked into their Beijing hotel yesterday evening, and the most conspicuous of them all, Usain Bolt, created a stir as usual as he made his way through the lobby, before heading off to training. relaxed and readylast_img read more

Recovering Pooran eyeing new PCL season

first_imgPORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC):Promising Trinidad and Tobago wicket-keeper/batsman Nicholas Pooran says he is nearly fully recovered from a leg injury sustained in a car crash earlier this year”I’m almost fully recovered,” talented 19-year-old cricketer declared.”The worst of the injury is over since I took out the screws from my knees two weeks ago and some stitches out today.”The injury forced Pooran to miss the Red Force Super50 triumph earlier this year and CPL 2015 with St Kitts & Nevis Patriots.Pooran says that dealing with the injury which affected his playing career has been difficult.”It has been very tough because I wanted to play cricket,” he said.”I thought I had a good chance of playing in the CPL, but physio (Oba Gulston) told me it would have been too much of a risk.”Pooran’s talent turned heads during the inaugural edition of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) in 2013 when he struck 54 off 24 balls for the TT Red Steel against the Guyana Amazon Warriors.His 143 not out for young West Indies against Australia in the 2014 Under-19 World Cup was another indication of his immense ability.Pooran plans to participate in the trials in a bid to return to the Red Force squad for the 2015/16 WICB Professional Cricket League (PCL) season which begins November 6.”I am not contracted for the PCL, so right now I hoping to get back on the field by mid-September to get involved in some of the national team trial matches in order to make the team,” explained Pooran.last_img read more

Cadet force demonstrates its relevance

first_imgThe Culture, Health, Arts, Sport and Education Fund (CHASE) will announce the date for the staging of the 11th annual prestigious Courtney Walsh Award for Excellence at the opening of the nominations media event to be held today at the Cuddyz Sports Bar and Restaurant in New Kingston.The award has been gaining much traction over its 10-year lifespan, with an increased number of Jamaicans anxious to nominate an athlete who, in their eyes, has added to the phenomenal legacy that has been built by former athletes and Olympians as early at the 1940s.The impressive list of decorated athletes who have been honoured with the celebrated Courtney Walsh Award for Excellence are James ‘Jimmy’ Adams, cricketer (2005); Deon Hemmings McCatty (2006), track and field (hurdles); Elaine Lamour Davis (2007), netball; Nehemiah Perry, (2008), cricket; Brigitte Foster-Hylton (2009), track and field (hurdles); Aleen Bailey (2011), track and field; Dr. Neil Gardner (2011), cricket; Veronica Campbell-Brown (2012), track and field; Wavell Wayne Hinds (2013) cricket; and Michael Frater (2014), track and field.The Courtney Walsh Award for Excellence carries an attractive cash award of J$500,000 and a crystal trophy emblazoned with the name of the winner.Student of Excellence awardIn its continued quest to celebrate excellence in sports, the selection committee has also placed its focus on the achievements of upcoming male and female athletes at the secondary education level and will again recognise them at this year’s award ceremony.The first awards were presented in 2013. Winners are presented with a cash award of $250,000 and trophies.Natalie Neita Headley, minister with responsibility for sports, is expected to declare nominations open today.Much thought was put into the establishment of this award when former prime minister, PJ Patterson, made the announcement in 2003 and placed it into the hands of CHASE to administer and select persons to be honoured in the name of Jamaican Ambassador at Large Courtney Andrew Walsh, OJ.last_img read more

Distance is right for Above The Radar

first_imgWITH FIVE-STAR bankers such as SUPERLUMINAL and DREAMLINER having obliged at Caymanas Park last Saturday, both the Pick-9 and Super-6s were caught and start anew tomorrow with guaranteed minimums of $1 million and $750,000, respectively. The first Super-6 will embrace race one to six, the late Super-6 from race six to 11 on the well-supported programme, and the Pick-9 from race three to 11. We look at the first Super-6, which commences with a restricted allowance race over 1100 metres for four-year-olds and up (non winners of three) to be contested by eight starters, including JESSE’S FAVORITE and VIJEETA, second and third, respectively, to ARIZONAGOLD in a fast-run 1200-metre race recently. The then favourite, VIJEETA, who had won her previous race in fine style some weeks ago, hurt her chances by missing the break as JESSE’S FAVORITE enjoyed a clear lead into the straight before giving way to ARIZONAGOLD. VIJEETA finished 51/2 lengths third and although the speedy JESSE’S FAVORITE will be more effective over this shorter trip, the War Marshall – Winning Spirit offspring, with promising claiming apprentice Hakeem Pottinger riding for trainer Oneil Markland, should turn the tables from a clear break as she strikes me as the better horse. The second race, again over 1100 metres, should see the quartet of MAN IN BLUE, MAMETA, KING WITHIN, and and the sparingly raced VESPERS in contention where it matters. The best of the eight starters must be MAN IN BLUE, a disappointing favourite when finishing fourth to DASH BOARD recently, but had previously finished third to VIJEETA over 1200 metres on August 28. Champion jockey Shane Ellis will ride the four-year-old colt for trainer Andrew McDonald in an eight-horse field. EIGHT HORSES CONTESTING Eight horses will again contest the third race for $250,000- $210,000 claimers over 1820 metres, and here, the choice has to be the profound course specialist, ABOVE THE RADAR, to be ridden by his favourite jockey Aaron Chatrie. ABOVE THE RADAR won back-to-back races over the distance in midsummer and reporting that much fitter after finishing third to out-of-class MEGATRON over 1500 metres recently, should prove too strong for CHIEF PROSPECT and Saturday’s scorer QUEEN OF THE TOWN with the trip now right. Next on the programme is a three-year-old maiden special (conditional) over 1400 metres for horses who have not earned $120,000 since May 24. Topline trainer Anthony ‘Baba’ Nunes holds a strong hand in the 14-strong field, with LEIGHTON REID (Ellis up) and JASON’S GOLD (apprentice Linton Steadman up) both working well in preparation for this race. Either could win a race of this nature, but my preference is for the Gary Griffiths-trained CONCLUSION (tongue tie off), who finished a close second to WONDER GIRL over 1300 metres as a 99-1 outsider some months ago. Griffiths has called up Chatrie for the ride and the hint should be taken. The last two races in the first Super-6 should be won by DUSSELDORF (Pottinger up, distance now ideal) and the Michael Marlowe-trained LEEKOUT (ready now) with Ellis riding in the sixth race over 1400 metres for maiden three-year-olds. FIRST SUPER-6 FANCIES (1) VIJEETA/ JESSE’S FAVORITE (2) MAN IN BLUE/VESPERS (3) ABOVE THE RADAR (4) CONCLUSION/LEIGHTON REID (5) DUSSELDORF/FLYING MACHINE (6) LEEKOUTlast_img read more