Topics : The first case of coronavirus in Serbia has been diagnosed in a man who had been in Hungary, the country’s health minster announced on Friday. “The first case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Serbia. It is a 43-year-old man from Subotica [north] who recently stayed in Hungary, in Budapest,” said Zlatibor Loncar at a press conference. The man is in solitary confinement at the Subotica hospital and his health is good, the minister said. The people with whom he came into contact have been tested. “There is no need to panic, you have to behave in accordance with the authorities’ recommendations,” added the minister who said the patient behaved “responsibly”.Serbia is the fourth country comprising the former Yugoslavia to have reported cases of infection following Croatia (11 cases), North Macedonia (one case) and Bosnia (two cases). The virus, which now affects around 90 countries and territories, has infected more than 98,000 people worldwide and left nearly 3,400 people dead. At 0900 GMT Friday, Europe had registered 5,701 cases with 161 deaths, all but 13 of those in Italy.
BLOG: 50,000 Pennsylvanians Did What? By: J.J. Abbott, Deputy Press Secretary SHARE Email Facebook Twitter The Blog, Voting & Elections Governor Wolf and Secretary of the Commonwealth Pedro Cortes announced the launch of Pennsylvania’s online voter registration tool at the end of August. Already, more than 50,000 have used the online voter registration application to get involved in the process or make the voter rolls more accurate. Since online voter registration launched, it has been lauded by counties, election officials and editorial boards across the state.PA Online Voter Registration allows you to register to vote, and update your voter registration, including changing your party, address, or name. Click here to register now!Have questions about online voter registration? Visit the FAQs. December 04, 2015
Garden Terraces in NewmarketMr Parker said buyers wanted a combination of space and luxury and getting the balance right through architecture and design was the key to the success of the project at Eve on Erneton.“Newmarket as a suburb has evolved rapidly over the last 10 years and developed its own unique feel and style,” he said. “Residents love the idea of being only a few kilometres from the city but also having their local gathering places like Newmarket Village and an abundance of parks.” Garden Terraces in Newmarket is just 500m down the road from Eve on Erneton, both are being developed by Your Style Group as the first major residential developments in Newmarket in four years.THE second development in Newmarket in four years has recently been launched to market on the back of the success of Eve on Erneton.Your Style Group managing director Dean Parker said Eve on Erneton had shown that Newmarket represented better value for money at almost the same distance from the CBD as nearby popular suburbs Windsor and Wilston. Garden Terraces in NewmarketMore from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour agoMr Parker said making sure the developments were sympathetic to the surrounding environment was important to achieving approval, and ultimately in driving demand.“The Newmarket market is a little bit different to the inner city market,” he said. “Buyers aren’t interested in living in a high-rise and prefer lower density product than the inner city and city projects currently on offer. “We deliberately went with a range of larger two and three bedroom apartments to cater for this market.” Garden Terraces in NewmarketGarden Terraces has a central open air atrium with shared walkways, greenery and communal areas designed to foster wellbeing and social exchange.All apartments have been designed to maximise cross-ventilation, with the gardens giving private and semi-private subtropical garden spaces and the balconies being deep and shaded for the best in outdoor living.The apartments themselves use a natural pallete of materials and finishes and each has allocated parking.Garden Terraces is within walking distance to some of Brisbane’s best parks and bikeways, serviced by rail and high frequency bus services and is only 500m from Newmarket Shopping Centre with a Coles supermarket, specialty stores, cafes and restaurants. Garden Terraces in Newmarket Garden Terraces has just launched 500m down the road from Eve on Erneton, with 26 one, two and three-bedroom residences designed to mimic that of a typical Queenslander through the filtering of light, breeze and privacy through multiple layered skins.Mr Parker said Newmarket had always been a desirable suburb for buyers because of its proximity to the city and relative affordability, compared to suburbs like Wilston and Windsor. “Development sites in the area have always been scarce and approvals difficult to achieve,” he said.
The UK’s defined benefit (DB) £16.3bn (€19.7bn) lifeboat fund is set to increase its exposure to the growing energy market, tendering a £500m private equity mandate.The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) said it is looking for a manager to handle £400m-500m in allocations to the US oil and gas sector while also investing in renewable energy.The US has in recent years seen significant growth in the field of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, a method whereby natural gas is extracted from lower layers of sediment after it it flooded with a blend of water and chemicals. Asked if the mandate could include exposure to fracking, a spokeswoman for the PPF would only say it would look at “all options” presented by fund managers. The investment will form part of the fund’s alternatives allocations, which has a strategic allocation of 22.5% after the fund overhauled its investment structure earlier this year.At the end of March, the PPF had £444m, or 2.7%, in private equity, with a strategic allocation of 4% to the asset class.It said it wanted to appoint two or three managers as part of a framework agreement investing in energy or related companies, mainly in North America and OECD countries.The agreement is expected to last around four years with the possibility to extend this by a further four years.Interested fund managers must have a targeted fund size of over $400m (€308m) with close to 80% of the fund allocated to traditional energy investments, or closely related holdings.The move by the PPF comes after it delivered a marginal negative return over the last financial year after its liability-driven investments (LDI) dragged down returns.It suffered a negative 0.7% return on overall investments which rose to 3.4% after stripping out the fund’s LDI book.Earlier this year the fund overhauled its investment structure changing from holding 30% in risk assets to a more dynamic approach.It will now allocate 58% to LDI strategies, 22.5% to alternatives and 12.5% to hybrid assets that both provide risk exposure and match liability payments with inflation expectations.It transferred some of its property holdings into the hybrid portfolio, thus decreasing what assets came under its alternatives banner.The fund’s move into private equity holdings in the energy sector come after it also made moves to enter the direct lending space, and threw its weight behind smart beta.In January this year, it announced it would begin lending around £150m to UK corporates as it searched for two managers to manage the mandate.It also changed the strategic benchmark for its equity managers from a market-capitalisation approach to a smart beta minimum volatility method.
Porter Davis Homes consultant Allyson Lente says an emphasis on indoor-outdoor living was a popular design trend, with large entertaining areas to enjoy the Coast’s weather all year round.After struggling to find a vacant block to build on, they decided to buy an older home at Miami to knock down.“I remember saying to Ryan, ‘I’m no mathematician and I’m sure there must be a catch, but I’ve been looking at the Metricon new home prices and I actually think it would be cheaper to buy an old home, knock it down and build new’,” she said.Paul Harms, a builder who runs Gold Coast business PJH Constructions, has extensive experience in new builds around Burleigh Heads and Burleigh Waters.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa7 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day agoAs well as building for clients, he has built houses for his own family in both suburbs over the years. Paul Harms with wife Nicky and two of their three children – Evie, five and Daisy, three – are now in the process of selling their new build at 9 Guyra Drive, Burleigh Heads.One was in Burleigh Heads’ Koala Park, where Mr Harms and wife Nicky bought a rundown house in 2016 with a plan to knock down the house and subdivide the block. The pair sold their first Koala Park build in 2017 and are now in the process of selling their second build – named the Loft House – at 9 Guyra Drive. “It’s all about the location,” Mr Harms said.“You’re close to Burleigh Heads, you have the beautiful walk that wraps around the headland and there’s one of the best surf beaches in Queensland.”The house, designed by Bianca Gemmill of BCG Building Design, has an array of luxury features including a loft bedroom, timber staircase, butler’s pantry, pool and wraparound alfresco with a two-way fireplace. For more on the Loft House, see the Real Estate magazine in today’s Gold Coast Bulletin. Porter Davis Homes consultant Allyson Lente.Ms Lente said buyers should consider how close the block was to water and the slope before embarking on a knockdown rebuild.She said an emphasis on indoor-outdoor living was a popular design trend, with large entertaining areas to enjoy the Coast’s weather all year round.Gold Coast golden girl and popular TV presenter Liz Cantor recently moved into her new build at Miami.The Channel 7 presenter and her husband Ryan Lysaught had to go to extraordinary lengths to find the perfect block to build their family house. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:45Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:45 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenWhat is the new HomeBuilder scheme?00:46BURLEIGH Waters, Miami, Mermaid Waters and Sanctuary Cove are among Gold Coast suburbs where homebuyers are bulldozing rundown dwellings in favour of flash new builds.A “knockdown rebuild” is often more cost effective than a complicated and lengthy renovation, according to Porter Davis Homes consultant Allyson Lente. Knockdown rebuilds offers residents the chance to live close to Gold Coast beaches and local amenities.“Knockdown rebuilds allow you to keep equity in your land without having to pay stamp duty or other associated selling costs,” she said.“We see a number of current residents in these areas looking to upgrade on the plot of land they already own but also new buyers moving into the area by purchasing older homes to rebuild their dream home on the land.“They offer residents the chance to live close to beautiful Gold Coast beaches and a numberof local amenities.”
The Port of Maputo said in its latest release that the volume handled by the port in 2017 has grown 22%, adding that this result was positively affected by the dredging of the access channel, completed in January 2017. Before dredging, with the channel at -11 meters chart datum, the maximum sailing draft of the vessels in Maputo and Matola was, on average, 12.20 meters and the maximum parcel size varied between 50,000 and 55,000 tonnes.“The dredging resulted in an increase of 40% to the average parcel size for Maputo Main Port and a 55% increase for Matola,” said the Maputo Port CEO, Osório Lucas. In July 2017, the Matola Coal Terminal (TCM) inaugurated the rehabilitation of its berth, which included deepening to -15.4 meters below chart datum along the quayside.TCM has become the port’s first terminal to take full advantage of the dredging initiative, allowing fully-ladden Panamax vessels of up to 275 meters long, 14.5 meters of draft on neap tides and 15.5 meters on spring tides.In 2017, the DP World Maputo Container Terminal also began its expansion works from 150.000 TEU’s to 250.000 TEU’s, scheduled for completion in the following weeks.The works included the expansion for two rail sidings of 375 meters each in length. The second phase of expansion contemplates the increase to 450.000 TEU’s, dependent on market demand.Maputo is also now preparing to receive vessels of even greater drafts, with the rehabilitation of berths 6, 7, 8 and 9 (a total of 1058 meters of berth) which will begin in the second quarter of 2018.[mappress mapid=”24822″]
Cobham SATCOM maritime antenna systems will be powering the digital connectivity on 16 dredging vessels that support the One Belt One Road Initiative, China’s ambitious port and infrastructure-building project.16 SAILOR 900 VSAT antenna systems, via partner Beijing Highlander Digital Technology Co. Ltd are due to be rolled out on the ships owned and operated by CCCC Dredging Company (CDC) over a period of 24 months with an option for a further six vessels.The new VSAT equipment will replace the vessels’ existing FleetBroadband communications hardware.Cobham SATCOM General Manager China, Cheng-Yu Tang said: “The dredging sector has been cautious in embracing digitalisation, but the enhanced on-board communications delivered to CCCC by the SAILOR 900 VSAT paves the way for real-time monitoring, higher precision modelling and potential for extended remote operations.”China’s dredging industry has undergone a massive overhaul over the past 20 years, resulting in a significantly expanded and more technologically advanced fleet. More than half of this capacity is owned by China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), which today operates around 40 trailing suction hoppers, 60 cutter section dredgers and almost a dozen bucket dredgers.The latest ship to join the CCCC fleet is the Tian Kun Hao, dubbed a ‘magic island-maker’ by its designer, was launched last year and is due to enter service this summer.It is the first fully domestically-built self-propelled dredger of its type in China. The 140m-long cutter section can dredge up to 6,000 cubic meters an hour from depths up to 35m and thanks to an automatic control system can be operated without any crew.
Owner of the burnt building, Bernard Julian pointing. Photo credit: Pictastic Photo Studio. SEE PHOTO GALLERY BELOWOne individual has been confirmed dead following a massive fire in Roseau on Monday night that destroyed the building which housed the business of Julien’s Jewelry. Police Public Relations Officer Sergeant Kenth Matthew says the burnt remains of an individual was removed from the building, believed to be that of an elderly woman who occupied the top floor.He said the fire may have started about eleven (11) pm on November 21st, 2011 and originated in a one story building on King George the V Street owned by Bernard Julien of Roseau. “That fire also substantially damaged the second floor of a neighboring two story building. Damian Shillingford and his wife, who were unhurt, occupied that floor. An elderly lady, Vernie Julian, very close to her 80’s, occupied that floor above the jewelry store at the time of the fire. The remains of a human being was discovered this morning Tuesday November 22 2011. It is assumed that it is the remains of Vernie Julian. The remains had no lower limbs. We assumed that it’s her but we cannot confirm,” he said.Here are a few photographs of the fire scene this morning: [nggallery id=91]Meantime Fire Officials are responding to criticisms that they did not react in a timely manner to when called about the fire on Monday evening.Acting Public Relations Officer of the Fire and Ambulance Services Officer Wayne Letang says officials responded immediately after the report was made.“We received the call last night about 11:30 and it was done by someone who came into the station. At 11:31pm two of our officers went to the scene. On arrival we saw that the building was totally ablaze and immediately our officers were at work,” he said.Letang is also calling on the media to be more professional in their reporting.“I want to inform the media that sometimes the information that they put out is not always confirmed and they need to make sure of that. I want the public to also find the proper information before they say anything on the media,” he warned.Dominica Vibes News Tweet 34 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share Share LocalNews One dead after massive fire in Roseau Monday night by: – November 22, 2011 Share
Ella Jo Briggs, 90, Greensburg, Indiana, passed away on Monday, June 12, 2017 at the Columbus Regional Hospital in Columbus. Born July 4, 1926 in Griffin, Indiana, she was the daughter of William Thomas and Grace (Axton) Haywood. She attended school in Grayville, Illinois. She married Staff Sergeant Louis Mobley who was killed in WW II. They had one daughter who died in infancy. Ella had five brothers; Horace, Bill, Tom, Fred, and Norman, all deceased. One sister, Mary Grace Watts of Clinton, Arkansas. Ella married Roger D. Briggs on November 25, 1971 and lived happily for 40 years on his farm in Decatur County. After Roger sold the farm, they moved to Greensburg where he preceded her in death on February 17, 2004. Roger had four children, Thomas, Steven (Deceased), Lance, and Melanie. Ella loved her step children as her own. There are eight grandchildren, Amy, Daniel, Nicole, Alex, Katherine, Justin, Christal, and Melanie.; seven great grandchildren. Ella was a member of the St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greensburg. Her motto for daily living was “To live each day with an attitude of gratitude. Graveside Services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017 at the South Park Cemetery in Greensburg with Rev. John Meyer officiating. Memorials may be made to the charity of donor’s choice. Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home has been entrusted with the arrangements. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
Milan, In. — Hoosier Hills Regional Water District will hold their Annual Membership Meeting on April 25, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. in the office at 7215 State Road 350 in Milan.For more information call 812-654-3200. All members are invited.