29 Laidlaw Parade, East Brisbane Qld 4169A RARE absolute riverfront home just 3km from the Brisbane CBD is among homes set to go under the hammer this weekend.The five bedroom, three bathroom home at 29 Laidlaw Parade in East Brisbane has been scheduled to sell at a 2pm auction on Saturday. The home has multiple living zones.The views are jawdropping from multiple rooms, with the main living area designed with floor to ceiling glass to take full advantage of that.There was also lots of private space for all members of the family.“There is wonderful separation between the bedrooms with the lower level ideal for teenage children with its own lounge area and kitchenette leading out to a large riverfront terrace and expansive lawn.”Among its features were a riverfront pontoon, multiple living and entertaining spaces, water tank and security and a double car lock up garage plus storage. FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK FREE: GET THE COURIER-MAIL’S REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO INBOX It makes good use of floor to ceiling glass to soak up the views.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus23 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market23 hours agoAccording to agent Dean Yesberg of Ray White Brisbane CBD marketed the property as being in an “irreplaceable position” on an “exclusive street synonymous with riverfront living”.“This modern three level family home sits on a 597m2 riverfront block with a wide 15.7m river frontage,” was how he listed it. BUILDER’S DREAM HOME ON SALE LIST FIVE WAY TO PUT YOUR EQUITY TO WORK The home is spread over three levels. It has been meticulously looked after. Not a bad spot at all to watch the world go by.
Can you believe that it has been 20 years since the IHSAA voted for a multiple-class basketball tournament? No one in high school today knows anything but the current playoff system. The Indianapolis Star ran an article recently on the 1997 season and some of the people involved with it.Two of the people mentioned in the article were Michael Menser and Mel Siefert. Both men are now administrators at Plainfield High School. In 1997 they led Batesville to its 4th consecutive sectional title. Michael recalled their wins over Greensburg and Jac-Cen-Del to win the sectional. Mel remembered being told by the athletic director that Sports Illustrated would be following Batesville through the tourney. They probably thought Batesville was one of the small schools to have a chance to win the state–(and it would be the last chance for a small school to “take it all”).
Come 8 p.m. (1900 GMT) on Monday, what looks to be a poorly kept secret will officially be out – Cristiano Ronaldo will bag his fourth Ballon d’Or as the world’s top footballer.The Real Madrid and Portugal star won the Champions League for the second time in three seasons and third time overall after one title with Manchester United in 2008.He then led Portugal to their first major title at Euro 2016 – albeit he went off early through injury in the win over France. As has been the case for almost a decade now, the 31-year-old’s main rival will be Lionel Messi of Barcelona – but the Argentine maestro has had by his own exalted standards a less than stellar year both for club and country with the top prizes eluding him on both fronts.Ronaldo was spotted midweek in training having dyed his hair gold in advance and for his club coach, there can only be one man for the crown this year.“For me there is no debate. The Ballon will be for him,” Zinedine Zidane said after his talisman’s hattrick saw off Atletico Madrid last month to underpin their domination in La Liga.“He showed it last season and he shows it again and again. We expect a lot of him but he stands above everyone.”Despite such effusive praise, Ronaldo, rested at the weekend ahead of the Club World Cup in Japan, has had some negative headlines – not least pertaining to accusations of tax evasion.Denying any wrongdoing, he responded by publishing his financial records on Thursday – showing last year he earned a bumper 227.2 million euros ($240 million).“You believe I am worried? He who owes nothing, fears nothing,” Ronaldo told broadcaster RTP.An international consortium of media organisations has claimed the superstar hid 150 million euros from image rights in the British Virgin Islands.This year marks the end of six years of joint awards by founders France Football and FIFA, which will revert to bestowing a “Best” accolade of its own on January 9 to both male and female players.The Ballon d’Or will henceforth be decided by a vote of 173 journalists while national team captains and managers will no longer have a say.Argentina and Barcelona star Messi landed a record fifth crown last year.A win will lift Ronaldo to within one award of Messi’s record haul of five.Ronaldo first won the award in 2008 after Premier League and Champions League triumphs with Manchester United.But it was only in 2013 he added his second and he made it a hat-trick the following year.The first Ballon d’Or was won by Stanley Matthews, at the time with Blackpool, who beat Alfredo Di Stefano for the inaugural title in 1956.Up to 1994 only European players were eligible.The first non-European to win it was the following year, AC Milan’s Liberian star George Weah.From 2007 it honoured the world’s best player, with FIFA under former President Sepp Blatter entering into a deal with France Football in 2010 to merge the Ballon d’Or with FIFA’s best world player honour.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram