Show Closed This production ended its run on May 26, 2019 Related Shows View Comments Avenue Q Age: 26Hometown: Ottawa, OntarioCurrent Role: A smashing New York debut in the dual roles of Princeton and Rod in the hilarious Tony-winning musical Avenue Q, now playing at off-Broadway’s New World Stages. Stage and Screen Cred: Fresh from University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, where Durocher appeared in The Human Comedy, Anything Goes, Hair, Urinetown and more, the actor has also appeared regionally as Tom Sawyer in Big River and as Woody in Toy Story: The Musical aboard the Disney Wonder. In addition to performing, Durocher has extensive experience as a fabricator with his work at The Puppet Kitchen and The Jim Henson Company as well as the The National Puppetry Conference at the Eugene O’Neill Center.
AttachmentSize S_288_As_Passed_Senate.xls24.5 KB The Vermont House is expected to begin working next week on an $8.7 million economic stimulus bill that its Senate sponsor says will put a lot of contractors to work.The federally funded measure, which would pump money into several of the state’s economic development programs, passed the Senate on a voice vote last month (see summary attached). Governor James Douglas says he supports the legislation.The funding is available to Vermont as part of the national economic recovery package developed last year by President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress .Senator Vincent Illuzzi (R-Essex-Orlean), the bill’s main architect, says its provisions are intended to help repair some of the damage inflicted on Vermont’s economy by the national recession. While there’s no firm estimate of the number of jobs the legislation may create or save, Illuzzi suggests that its impact will be felt in many parts of the state and by Vermonters in many industries.The largest chunk of money in the bill, $2.9 million, is earmarked for providing 10,000 unconnected Vermont homes and businesses with broadband Internet links. Access to telecommunications and broadband services is this era s equivalent to rural electrification in the 1930s, the legislation declares.An existing state fund providing seed capital for Vermont start-up businesses would receive a $1 million infusion through Illuzzi’s legislation. He notes that the fund’s managers have identified 38 Vermont firms in fields such as life sciences, agriculture and software that are together seeking $45 million in early-stage equity capital. It’s estimated that as many as 700 jobs could be created if these entrepreneurs had access to their envisioned funding.Private capital markets have not been lending in the needed amounts, Illuzzi says. The legislation notes that although Vermont banks have made dramatic increases in their commercial lending in the past year, venture capital investment remains at dramatic lows, down nearly 33 percent in the last year alone.Another $1 million in the Senate’s stimulus bill is destined for job retraining programs. The state fund that covers these initiatives is likely to run out of money this month, preventing as many as 2000 Vermonters from receiving workforce training in manufacturing, health care, telecommunications and environmental engineering.Dairy farmers are also due to be helped by the legislation. It sets aside $1 million for an agriculture credit program overseen by the Vermont Economic Development Authority. The loan money will enable farmers to refinance or consolidate their existing debt, Illuzzi says.VEDA would also get $800,000 to be used for interest-rate subsidies on loans to Addison County businesses hurt by the closure of the Champlain Bridge. Businesses can qualify on the basis of higher expenses incurred as a result of increased travel costs.The legislation provides smaller amounts of money for a variety of additional programs, including $300,000 for the Department of Tourism and Marketing for additional media buys; $100,000 in tax credits for downtown and village center businesses; $150,000 for planning work on an aviation technical training center at Burlington International Airport; $100,000 for the Vermont Film Corp; $70,000 for rural emergency medical services; and $50,000 for a neighbor-to-neighbor project administered by Area Agencies on Aging around the state.The bill now moves over to the House where it is expected to move quickly. According to House Speaker Shap Smith s office, testimony on the bill will be taken up by the House Commerce and Economic Development committee next week, which is expected to at least tweak the legislation before it moves forward.By Kevin J Kelley. Vermont Business Magazine.
Governor Jim Douglas today announced that the Administration will begin implementing eProcurement for the State of Vermont after recently receiving approval from the Joint Fiscal Committee. The Department of Buildings and General Services and the Department of Information and Innovation, through the Office of Purchasing & Contracting will work with Vermont Interactive Consortium (VIC) ‘ the State’s web portal company ‘ to implement an eProcurement System for Vermont procurement and purchasing, with first use of the system scheduled for the beginning of calendar year 2011. A phased implementation of the system is planned.‘Implementation of an eProcurement system will not only streamline the bid and response process, but also to increase competition among vendors,’ said Governor Douglas. ‘A larger market means more competition which will ultimately lead to cost savings for taxpayers.’The more effective use of technology to save taxpayer money is one of the many efforts underway to resolve ongoing budget shortfalls and meet the goals of Challenges for Change. The goals of eProcurement include efficiency, less paperwork, and a greater exposure to bidders. Savings are estimated to be at least $3 million annually when the system is in full use.The procurement process today is challenging and paper intensive. With an eProcurement system, bid opportunities will be posted electronically and responded to in the same manner with vendors receiving automatic notification of any bid solicitation posted by the Office of Purchasing & Contracting. Additional benefits include enhanced reporting functions; streamlining of the bidding and contracting process, administrative efficiencies; reverse auction capabilities; transparency; and an electronic approval process.‘This is a very tangible example of the type of reforms we are making throughout state government as we carry out Challenges for Change,’ said Administration Secretary Neale Lunderville. ‘This is one step to make state government more efficient and ensure that taxpayer money is spent as effectively as possible.’Source: Governor’s office. 8.24.2010
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Hempstead Town Clerk Mark BonillaHempstead Town Clerk Mark Bonilla has been convicted of official misconduct and acquitted of three other charges following his two-week trial sexual harassment cover-up trial.Upon finding the 50-year-old Bellmore man guilty Thursday, Judge Sharon Gianelli cited evidence that included text messages between Bonilla and his assistant, Derek Foder, who is friends with former Bonilla staffer Ariel Davis, 21, who accused Bonilla of sexual harassment.“Obviously don’t let anyone know about it,” the text messages said, according to Gianelli, who read them aloud in the courtroom as she issued her verdict.Prosecutors used the text messages as evidence that Bonilla was using Foder to get explicit photos of Davis from her ex-boyfriend and fellow ex-clerk staffer Alex Desidoro. Bonilla wanted to use the photos to discredit Davis’ complaint, prosecutors said. Foder was friends with both Davis and Desidoro.Bonilla was found not guilty of petit larceny, coercion and a second misconduct charge because Desidoro and Foder contradicted each other in their testimony and it was unclear whether Bonilla asked for the photos or if Desidoro offered them, Gianelli said.Friends and family gathered around Bonilla who appeared to be shaken up, and walked with him out of the court room as a swarm of video cameras followed him down the hall. He declined to comment to reporters outside the courtroom.His attorney, Adrian DiLuzio, said that he would probably appeal the conviction.Bonilla, who has refused calls from fellow Republicans to step down, is not running for re-election in November.He will be sentenced Sept. 26 at First District Court in Hempstead. He faces up to one year in jail. Davis has also filed a lawsuit against him.“Mark Bonilla created a toxic work environment with his personal conduct and then tried to smear a young woman who rebuffed his unwanted sexual advances,” Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said in a statement. “Voters rightly expect elected officials to do their jobs with professionalism and common decency.”Hempstead town officials did not return a call for comment.
The Guardian 11 November 2018Family First Comment: Next time the Drug Foundation or a Green MP says how great Canada is, mention this story…“federal legislation prohibits the sale of edible versions of the drug until at least 2019. The law, however, has done little to stop online retailers and physical stores from openly selling brownies and candies infused with cannabis throughout the country. Ontario and Alberta have already experienced nearly 600 cases of poisoning last year for patients under the age of 20, nearly twice the figure for 2014. The two provinces also saw 24 children under the age of four taken to emergency rooms after eating cannabis edibles last year”#SayNoToBigMarijuanawww.VoteNo.nzFollowing a sharp increase in cannabis poisoning among young people, Canadian health professionals are calling for tighter controls to keep edible marijuana products away from minors.Canada last month became the second country in the world to legalize recreational cannabis, but federal legislation prohibits the sale of edible versions of the drug until at least 2019. The law, however, has done little to stop online retailers and physical stores from openly selling brownies and candies infused with cannabis throughout the country.Ontario and Alberta have already experienced nearly 600 cases of poisoning last year for patients under the age of 20, nearly twice the figure for 2014. The two provinces also saw 24 children under the age of four taken to emergency rooms after eating cannabis edibles last year, the Canadian Institute for Health Information said.“We’ve seen a spike for sure,” said Dr Margaret Thompson, director of the Ontario Poison Centre. “Will we see a huge increase as they did in some of the United States? I can’t say for sure.”Following legalization, a number of US states experienced a significant jump in the hospitalizations related to cannabis. Colorado quickly tightened rules around the previously unregulated edibles market as emergency visits set a new record. In a bid to keep the product unappealing to children, the revised state rules prevented products from resembling animals, fruit or people, and limiting their THC content.Because the effect of cannabis is delayed when eaten – and ingesting a gummy bear or cookie is easier than smoking – doctors have greater concerns over poisoning cases with edibles.READ MORE: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/11/canada-cannabis-marijuana-edible-children-warningsKeep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.
BATESVILLE, Ind. — Several Batesville employers including Batesville Casket, Batesville Tool & Die, Wood-Mizer, and Heartwood Manufacturing have been nominated for the Indiana INTERNnet IMPACT Award in the category of Employer of the Year for its outstanding internship program with high school students.Winners will be announced at a luncheon on February 8 in Indianapolis.Genesis: Pathways to Success, nominated the four employers to recognize their contribution to the Batesville co-op program.
Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has confirmed he will follow Nicola Cortese out of the club should the executive chairman leave. Press Association The Italian businessman is understood to be considering his position at Saints due to frustrations over the backing he receives. Cortese, who has overseen Saints rise from League One to the top flight, wants the Liebherr trust to underwrite his strategy for Southampton to consolidate themselves in the Premier League. The executive chairman will make a decision on whether to remain at the club within the next month and manager Pochettino has confirmed if Cortese leaves, so will he. Asked if he would be staying if Cortese left, the Argentinian said: “Of course not, because the person that has put his faith in me in this club and as a manager is Nicola Cortese. “Nicola Cortese has basically been the reality at Southampton for the past four years. “Of course, the people that are in the club, that are part of the club, that are behind the scenes in the club were a little bit worried about what has been said. Me on a personal sense, I would not understand a Southampton without Nicola being here.”¼ A source close to Cortese, who has overseen Saints’ rise from League One to the top flight, said he will make a decision on whether to remain as chairman within the next month. It is understood Cortese’s current frustration centres on those in charge of the trust knowing little about football and not committing themselves to his plans. Cortese has told the trust he wants to take Southampton to the next level and wants them to support his strategy for doing so, including committing itself to underwriting some modest investment. Cortese feels he has proved he has handled the club well and his decision, controversial at the time, to replace Nigel Adkins with Pochettino four months ago has paid off with the Saints having secured Premier League status for next season. Cortese was instrumental in the purchase of Southampton in 2009 by Swiss businessman Markus Liebherr, who died suddenly the following year. When I first arrived here, nobody knew who Mauricio Pochettino was,” the Saints boss added. “Nicola put his faith in me and knew me from way, way back. When I got to know his project, we were basically on the same wavelength as to what we wanted for Southampton in the future. Basically, my future in Southampton has to be with Nicola.”
Press Association The five-year-old was sent off a 5-1 chance at the bottom of the weights for the two-mile Connacht Hotel Qualified Riders’ Handicap and turned in a power-packed display for her proud connections. Wood Breizh held a slight lead off the bend, but the grey was overwhelmed by Ted Veale, Awesome Star and Modem inside the final 250 yards. But it was the latter who held the momentum when it mattered as Kate Harrington kept her companion up to his work to defeat runner-up Awesome Star by a neck. Ted Veale, the 4-1 favourite, was not far away in third spot, while Wood Breizh stayed on doggedly for fourth. Modem’s sights will now be briskly switched towards the Guinness Galway Hurdle on Thursday. Jessica Harrington said: “Everything we wanted to happen in the race happened. “I said, ‘Jump out, get a place on the rails’, and it was absolutely brilliant. “Kate got out and he was great, the little horse. “He absolutely battled to the line and he’s a smashing little horse. “We’re trying to go for the big-race double. Trainer Jessica Harrington and daughter Kate teamed up in glorious fashion to take the feature race on day one of the Galway Festival with Modem. “He’s had a rest from Cheltenham to Killarney and we’ve been keeping him for this. “This was the plan but I didn’t think he’d ever get into this race.” Kate Harrington said: “You need some luck in this race, but I jumped out and got a perfect position. “Hopefully he’ll run on Thursday and he’d have a right chance. “I always dreamt one day I would win this race but I can’t believe it’s happened.” Harrington received a ten day suspension for not giving her mount enough time to respond.
Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story Tags: Baldwinsvillegirls soccer Having waited 10 1/2 months to get another shot at the side that denied them the Section III Class AA championship in 2018, the Baldwinsville girls soccer team could afford a bit more patience.Both patience and skill, along with a healthy dose of toughness, was needed Tuesday night at Pelcher-Arcaro Stadium, with the Bees waiting until the late stages of regulation of a tense, exciting battle with Fayetteville-Manlius to get the goals it needed to defeat the Hornets 2-0.The strong starts by both teams in 2019 suggests that B’ville and F-M are on a course toward another sectional final. The Bees entered this game 5-1, having won four in a row, while the Hornets had won each of its first five games.With plenty of skilled players on both sides, a lot of scoring chances were expected, and B’ville got one less than three minutes into the game when Hannah Mimas, who scored eight goals in her previous three games, hit a hard shot from the left side off the crossbar.And that was as close as the Bees would get to score in the early stages. Though it controlled the early flow of play, B’ville’s opportunities waned, and F-M began to assert itself late in the first half, stretching that effort into the second half.A series of corner kicks and free kicks gave the Hornets plenty of opportunities to move out in front, but the Bees’ defense, led by Leah Burrer, Sydney Smith, Emma Warren and Gwyneth Madden, were effective in turning them back.No stop was bigger, though, than the sliding save made by a charging Jenna Boutilier when F-M’s Hannah Knych charged in from the right side for a solo run at the net in the 50th minute. Not only did it keep the game 0-0, the B’ville goalie energized her teammates, who attacked with more consistency the rest of the way.With 14:09 left, Mimas, working from the right corner, drew two defenders and passed it to the middle, where Pia Cavallaro one-timed a shot that eluded Hornets goalie Sydney Mahr and slid inside the right post.Not content with that 1-0 lead, B’ville made more key defensive stops, and Mimas returned to clinch it with 2:59 left, taking a pass from Hannah Johnson and drilling a hard shot from a tough angle into the top left corner of the net.Less than three weeks will pass until the Bees face F-M again Oct. 7, this time on the Hornets’ home turf.In the meantime, B’ville hosted Rome Free Academy on Thursday and had to work hard to beat the Black Knights by that same 2-0 margin.Once again, it was Mimas getting the Bees on the board, only this time it happened in the first half, her goal assisted by Madden, though RFA’s defense did a solid job the rest of the half to keep it 1-0.That slim margin remained in place until, with 18 minutes left, Mimas doubled it, this time scoring off a pass from Taylor Metcalf.Twice more this week, B’ville would be at home, against West Genesee on Tuesday and a rematch Saturday with the New Hartford side that gave the Bees its lone defeat of the season on Aug. 30, with a trip to Liverpool in between.
Rassie Erasmus’s side trounced the French team 32-7 earlier this month and are warm favourites to make it two wins from two.The game also sees Racing’s coach Ronan O’Gara make his return to Thomond Park where he spent 16 years as a player.Despite the home advantage, Munster scrum-half Conor Murray is expecting a greater challenge from Racing this time around. Kick-off in Limerick is at 5.30pm.