An India vs Pakistan cricket match is quite possibly the biggest game in the world of sports and the stakes are even higher when it comes to the two teams facing each other in a World Cup.Cricket fans will get to witness an India-Pakistan game once again during the 50-over World Cup next year in England and people have already started talking about the clash, which will take place on March 16 in Manchester.Pakistan fast bowler Wahab Riaz, who was one of the stars for the team during the 2015 World Cup, spoke about the mega-event and what all Pakistan needs to do to register its first win against the neighbours in a World Cup and how they can stop run-machine Virat Kohli.”Pakistan will have a plan against Virat for sure, but if they play against India in the World Cup then they would not only plan against Virat but they will have to think about the whole team (Pakistan will play India at the World Cup – on June 16). It’s not just about Kohli in the Indian team,” Riaz told India Today.’Pakistan can do well in England next year’ Pakistan won the Champions Trophy in 2017, beating India in a one-sided final (Reuters Photo)Riaz is also confident that Pakistan can replicate their 2017 Champions Trophy-winning performance in the ICC World Cup next year.”We can definitely repeat the 2017 Champions Trophy winning-performance in the World Cup next year. For that we have to put in a lot of hard work. We have to play our best game. ODI cricket is more of a momentum game. We have a good side and we can do really good in England,” Riaz added.advertisement’Kohli is one of the best going around’Riaz, who is currently plying his trade for the Northern Warriors in the ongoing T10 League in the UAE, also picked his favourite batsman in world cricket right now.”The Indian team has very good batsmen and Virat Kohli is no doubt one of the best going around right now. Steve Smith is also another very good batsman.”It’s always difficult to bowl to a batsman who plays all around the ground because they are not one-dimensional. So it’s not easy to bowl to any of those batsmen,” Riaz said.Riaz last played an ODI for Pakistan in the Champions Trophy final against India last year and at 33, has fallen out of the selectors’ radar in limited-overs cricket.But the Lahore-born cricketer is still a lethal force in world cricket thanks to the raw pace that he possesses and is still working hard in the hopes of making a comeback in the Pakistan one-day side before.”(Selection) That is not in my hand. What I can only do is perform and play to the best of my abilities wherever I get a chance. And that is what I’m doing. You can see my performance all around the world wherever I am playing. As a player I have to put that question to the selectors all the time,” Riaz stated.T10 League: Riaz talks up the experience of playing for newly-crowned championsRiaz also spoke about his experience of playing in T10 League for the Zee5 Northern Warriors and how it is different from the official shortest form of the game, Twenty20 cricket. Riaz also spoke highly of coach Robin Singh and team captain Darren Sammy.”T10 is a shorter game so it’s more like bowling in the last 10 overs of a T20 match. The coach has been really good, he’s been very calm and composed. Talks to the point and tells us where we are going wrong.”Darren Sammy is a good leader, I have played against him in PSL (Pakistan Super League) as well and he has captained West Indies who are two-time (T20) champions. He has a lot of experience and he knows how to lead from the front,” Riaz concluded.Also Read | Will Australia sledge Virat Kohli? Josh Hazlewood and Tim Paine weigh inAlso Read | Scaredy Bats: Australian public bash Aussie media for insulting Team IndiaAlso Read | Fast and furious: Adelaide curator promises green pitch for 1st India-Australia TestAlso See:
zoomImage Courtesy: Sempra Energy Subsidiaries of Sempra Energy and Saudi Aramco have signed a heads of agreement (HOA) which anticipates the negotiation and finalization of a definitive 20-year LNG sale-and-purchase agreement.The deal, signed between Sempra LNG and Aramco Services Company, covers 5 million metric tons each year from the Port Arthur LNG export project under development.It also includes the negotiation and finalization of a 25% equity investment in Phase 1 of Port Arthur LNG.“If converted to a sales and purchase agreement (SPA), this will be one of the largest LNG deals ever signed and the largest deal signed since 2013,” Giles Farrer, Wood Mackenzie Research Director, said commenting on the deal.“If the deal is completed, this is likely to mean the Port Arthur facility can proceed to FID by the end of 2019 or early 2020,” he added.“The agreement with Sempra LNG is a major step forward in Saudi Aramco’s long term strategy to become a leading global LNG player,” Amin Nasser, Saudi Aramco’s CEO & President, pointed out.“We are pleased to partner with affiliates of Saudi Aramco … to advance the development of Sempra LNG’s natural gas liquefaction facility in Texas and enable the export of American natural gas to global markets,” Jeffrey W. Martin, Chairman and CEO of Sempra Energy, said.The proposed Port Arthur LNG Phase 1 project is expected to include two liquefaction trains, up to three LNG storage tanks and associated facilities that should enable the export of approximately 11 Mtpa of LNG on a long-term basis.Port Arthur LNG could be one of the largest LNG export projects in North America, with potential expansion capabilities up to eight liquefaction trains or approximately 45 Mtpa of capacity.Earlier this month, Port Arthur LNG received authorization to export domestically produced natural gas to countries that do not have a free trade agreement with the US.
In Week 4’s Monday Night Football matchup, Washington takes on Kansas City. The contest is an interesting clash of quarterback styles: Washington’s Kirk Cousins is one of the league’s best deep-ball passers, while Kansas City’s Alex Smith is a master of the screen pass. Which style will prevail? To find out more, watch the video above.
Volkswagen’s former chief executive Martin Winterkorn was informed that the car-maker had told regulators it was using defeat devices two weeks before the scandal became public, German tabloid Bild am Sonntag reported Sunday.It said it was in possession of a letter sent Sept. 4, 2015, by an unnamed manager directly to then-CEO Winterkorn that said: “In the conversation on 03.09.2015 with the regulator CARB (California Air Resources Board), the defeat device was admitted. (sic)”Volkswagen’s US CEO Michael Horn told a U.S. House of Representatives hearing in October the company had told regulators Sept. 3 it was using defeat devices.A letter pointing to the then-CEO could lend weight to the cases of shareholders planning to sue Volkswagen for compensation for the plunge in its share price, saying VW should have told the public as soon as it became aware.The law firm acting for Winterkorn, who resigned on Sept. 23, was not immediately reachable for comment.A Volkswagen spokesman said the company declined to comment on an ongoing investigation.German financial watchdog Bafin is investigating whether Volkswagen breached disclosure rules when it admitted to falsifying U.S. emissions tests in September. It said last month the probe would probably take several more months.In parallel with investigations by various authorities, Volkswagen has hired law firm Jones Day to carry out an internal probe into identifying who ordered engineers to develop and install software designed to cheat U.S. diesel-emissions tests, and who knew.The discovery of the cheating, which U.S. authorities announced Sept. 18, unleashed one of Volkswagen’s biggest-ever scandals, leading to the resignation of several top managers and likely to cost it tens of billions of dollars.The news wiped 17 percent, or more than â‚¬13 billion ($14.2 billion), off Volkswagen’s market value on the next trading day.Volkswagen is expected to present the first results of its investigation in April. It has said so far it has no reason to believe that more than a few people were involved in the cheating, and not at top level.
Alex Wong/Getty ImagesThen-FBI Director Robert Mueller testifies during a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on June 13, 2013, on Capitol HillThe man leading the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election has been keeping busy.Special counsel Robert Mueller has been on the job for about nine months. But he has already charged 19 people with wrongdoing — and won guilty pleas from the president’s former campaign vice chairman and his former national security adviser.Scholars who focus on politically charged investigations that may lead into the White House have been taking note.“Robert Mueller’s pace in this investigation really is very similar to some of the best special prosecutors in modern history,” said Ken Gormley, the president of Duquesne University and the author of two books on special prosecutors.These investigations carry special burdens: to move forward quietly, with no leaks, and quickly, to prove guilt or innocence.“The whole point of appointing an independent counsel in these kind of instances is to deal with the fact that there’s a cloud over the highest levels of the executive branch and to restore public confidence, one way or the other,” Gormley said.For many people, the model prosecutor was Archibald Cox, who investigated Watergate for a little more than a year before he was fired.“I’m not looking for a confrontation,” Cox told reporters in 1973. “I’ve worried a good deal through my life about the problems of imposing too much strain upon our constitutional institutions and I’m certainly not out to get the president of the United States.”During his tenure, Cox developed evidence about obstruction of justice by President Richard Nixon. The prosecutor who replaced Cox built on that work, ultimately leading to Nixon’s resignation.Gormley said the current special prosecutor, Robert Mueller, is operating in that same mold.But at the White House, President Trump and his lawyers have been pressing the Mueller team to move faster. So is another familiar figure: former Whitewater independent counsel Ken Starr.“The American people, I think, want to know, was there collusion,” Starr told CNN last week. “Let’s get that answered. That would be my sense, if I were at the Justice Department.”Starr spent five years and more than $40 million investigating President Bill Clinton. Critics say Starr took too long and wandered away from his original mission. He was far from the only independent counsel to come under attack as a “roving Frankenstein monster,” Gormley said.In the category of “no end,” there was the investigation of Clinton’s secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Henry Cisneros. In 1995, then-Attorney General Janet Reno asked for an independent counsel to determine whether Cisneros should face prosecution for providing false information about payments to a former mistress.“I’m disappointed by that outcome but I’m hopeful that the investigation will be completed expeditiously,” Cisneros told reporters at the time.But any hope Cisneros had for a speedy resolution went bust. The independent counsel in his case, David Barrett, kept working even after the law authorizing his work expired. Cisneros pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and was later pardoned by the president. Still, Barrett’s work continued. The final report emerged in 2006, nearly 11 years after he took office.Robert Mueller is a hard-driving former FBI director, not known for dallying in his work. He’s already secured indictments against Russians for running an information warfare campaign aimed at the last presidential election.And yet, Wake Forest University professor Katy Harriger said measuring Mueller’s success will be a challenge.“For some people, success will only be if somehow the president gets impeached,” Harriger said. “And for other people, success is a complete exoneration.”Push away that cloud of politics, she said, and success may be a report or a set of conclusions that most people can believe.Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/. Share