00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Days ahead of the start of classes at San Diego State University, fliers and stickers supporting a white nationalist hate group were found around campus on Thursday.The materials were posted at the Women’s Resource Center and the Pride Center. The university said they immediately began the process of taking the materials down.A statement from the university read in part: “Further, the university denounces white nationalist hate groups and any form of action or conduct that serves to incite hatred or intolerance, which are inconsistent with SDSU’s community values of diversity and inclusion. Our campus community is one that deeply values and respects diversity, difference and inclusion.”Similar flyers were also found on San Jose State University’s campus earlier this month. KUSI Newsroom, Hate-group fliers found on SDSU campus Posted: August 23, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom August 23, 2019
Indian stock markets dropped by more than 1 percent on Monday tracking global cues that saw investors getting jittery over equities becoming volatile if Donald Trump wins the US presidential elections. The sell-off was triggered over a perception that Trump could pip rival Hillary Clinton in the presidential debate between the two candidates. The debate assumes significance as the outcome could swing the decision of many fence-sitters during polls.The BSE Sensex fell 374 points, or 1.30 percent, to close at 28,294 while the NSE Nifty ended 108 points lower at 8,723. Top Sensex losers were ONGC, ICICI Bank, Tata Motors, NTPC and GAIL (India). Sectoral indices on the BSE that shed more than 1 percent included Bankex (1.56 percent) and Auto (1.72 percent), “A good performance from Mr. Trump could see market volatility increase, particularly if investors think there is a possibility that he could actually win,” wrote Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets in London, Reuters reported.The X-factor for driving markets is no longer the speculation over US Federal Reserve’s decision on interest rate hike, rather it is the outcome of the US presidential elections.”But as the U.S. elections are moving into a closer market horizon, the tendency of U.S. political events to influence global markets will probably rise,” Investec economist Philip Shaw told the agency.The speculation pulled the pan-European STOXX 600 index down 1.4 percent, translating into a fall of about 7 percent since the beginning of the current calendar year.Global stock markets are likely to witness a shift away from equities in the run-up to the American presidential elections. “I think there could be some shift away from equities to the safer assets ahead of the US elections across the markets globally,” NDTVProfit quoted Ambareesh Baliga, a Mumbai-based independent market analyst, as saying.Select stocks hit a new 52-week-high on a day of losses and these included public sector oil marketing companies Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Biocon, Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) and Jubiliant Life Sciences.
firstname.lastname@example.org Del. Antonio Hayes has submitted a bill to the General Assembly to raise the maximum fine for a first-time offense of selling alcohol to minors in Baltimore City. (Photo courtesy of Del. Antonio Hayes)Baltimore City has the lowest maximum fine – tied with Calvert County – for a first-time offense of selling alcohol to minors. Del. Antonio Hayes (D-Baltimore City) has introduced a bill in the General Assembly to double the current maximum fine, from $500 to $1,000.“This bill, like other pieces of my legislation, is really the brainchild of people in communities that I represent,” said Hayes, who tells the AFRO that his bill was spurred by the advocacy of Dr. Marvin Cheatham, president of the Matthew A. Henson Neighborhood Association, on the issue of liquor sales to minors.Currently, in Baltimore City, the Board of Liquor License Commissioners (BLLC) can impose a fine of up to $500 on an establishment for its first offense of selling alcohol to minors. Subsequent offenses allow a maximum fine of $3,000, and Hayes says his bill, House Bill 868 (HB0868), would simply put the initial fine more on par with the fine for subsequent offenses.Baltimore City’s current maximum fine is well below that of other counties in the state, according to the freshman delegate. In adjacent Baltimore County, the maximum fine for a first offense of selling alcohol to minors is $2,000. In Prince George’s it is $12,500, and in Montgomery County it is $20,000, says Hayes.“Most liquor stores, $500 is what they do in two to three hours, so it’s not really sending them a message of the importance of [not] serving alcohol to minors,” said Hayes.Cheatham tells the AFRO that there are 15 establishments selling or serving alcohol in the vicinity of his neighborhood, four of which were fined last year for selling alcohol to minors.“What we were seeing was not only violence and crime associated with the liquor stores, but we were beginning to see an uptick in the sale of liquor to young people because they weren’t checking the IDs,” said Cheatham, who says the current BLLC has been more aggressive in policing sales to minors, but that its penalties need more teeth.“Where it is now . . . that’s far too little when you consider you sold liquor to a minor,” said Cheatham.According to Michelle Bailey-Hedgepeth, executive secretary of the BLLC for Baltimore City, 44 establishments were fined for selling alcohol to minors in fiscal year 2013, with approximately 75 establishments being fined for, or charged with, selling alcohol to minors in fiscal 2014 (running from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015).The process for fining an establishment begins with a police vice operation, generally involving an underage cadet, who attempts to purchase alcohol. If the undercover cadet is not ID’d and sold alcohol (or sold alcohol despite an ID showing the cadet was underage), the police file a report with BLLC who then holds a hearing to determine guilt and the appropriate fine.“Last year [vice] visited approximately 150 locations throughout the city,” said Bailey-Hedgepeth.“The majority of the liquor stores and taverns in the district are responsible establishments,” said Hayes, “it’s just that there’s a couple of bad apples that are not responsible, so this [bill] is really to go after the ones who are not being responsible.”Because HB0868 simply raises the maximum fine that can be assessed against an establishment for a first offense of selling alcohol to minors, the bill has no direct costs for implementation.
Friday, December 23, 2016 Posted by Share Tags: Sunwing Travelweek Group Sunwing gets a jump on Boxing Week with savings Dec. 23 – 30 TORONTO — Sunwing’s Massive Boxing Week Sale kicks off today and runs through midnight on Dec. 30, offering savings of up to 60% on all-inclusive packages to top resorts across Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America.One resort available in the sale, top Sunwing pick Memories Holguin, is recommended for its tropical beachfront setting bordered by lush vegetation and amenities to suit guests of all ages, including five restaurants, an extensive pool complex, kids and teens clubs and varied evening entertainment.Another option, Grand Riviera Princess All Suites & Spa in Riviera Maya, is consistently popular with families, says Sunwing. The accommodation options include rooms that sleep families of five, plus indulgent swim up suites. Younger guests will love the extensive pool complex with pirate-themed splash park and slides; kids’ club and nightly child-friendly entertainment. There are also up to 10 restaurants, a spa and a sports bar. << Previous PostNext Post >>
<< Previous PostNext Post >> Posted by Travelweek Group Tags: Canada Jetlines, Montreal Saint-Hubert airport has low-cost plans as Montreal base for Jetlines Share MONTREAL — Canada Jetlines has set its sights on the Montreal region after announcing a new partnership with Saint-Hubert airport.As part its plan to becoming a low-cost airport for the Montérégie region, Aéroport Montréal Saint-Hubert Longueuil is undergoing expansion that includes an already upgraded runway and a upcoming new passenger terminal building. The runway reconstruction project was supported by the Canadian federal government, which injected $13 million into it.Upon completion, Canada Jetlines –on track to launch in 2019 – will make the airport its Montreal base from where it will offer ultra-low fare service to the region.“We are excited to enter into this partnership with the Saint-Hubert airport and support their vision of building a low-cost alternative airport in the Montreal region,” said Javier Suarez, CEO. “Montreal travellers deserve a low-cost domestic option and those looking for low-cost air travel options destined south should not have to drive across the border to Plattsburgh. The Saint-Hubert airport has our full support and we look forward to working together to design and build what will become Jetlines’ base in Montreal.”More news: Flights cancelled as British Airways hit by computer problemSuarez also added that Saint-Hubert is a short commute out of Montreal’s downtown core, giving passengers convenient access to a new purpose-built, low-cost facility in Saint Hubert.Jane Foyle, General Manager of DASH-L, the non-profit organization that manages the airport, said there’s been a renewed interest by scheduled carriers to operate at Saint Hubert and as such, the airport will accelerate its efforts to secure a designated airport status that will enable it to provide security screening services from the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).As for the larger picture, Foyle said the airport’s intention is to also obtain customs and immigration services from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) in order to offer transborder flights. This, she says, will allow the airport to recapture the exodus of Quebec passengers who travel to U.S. airports for their flights.“These two conditions, which depend solely on federal government decisions, are necessary for us to be able to partner with air carriers of Jetlines’ caliber,” she added. “We will be reaching out to Minister Marc Garneau and our elected officials to accelerate these decisions. We share the federal government’s stated goal to offer affordable and efficient services to Canadians, and our partnership with Jetlines is an important step towards that goal.” Thursday, November 8, 2018